Wednesday, November 09, 2011

wiww {7}

A while back, I joined in with Lindsay at The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore Wednesday:  a weekly post where hundreds of bloggers check-in and keep each other accountable for getting out of sweats and jammies and actually putting some effort into what we wear.  

pleated poppy

I stopped doing it because I felt so silly taking pictures of myself and posting them for all the world to see.  It's not like I think I'm fashion savvy or anything.  But you know what? It helped!  It was fun to find pieces in my closet I hadn't put together before and try new things.  

But then...

I got into a slump.  In the last few months, sweats and sloppy outfits were becoming too frequent.  And the truth is, I feel so much better and get so much more accomplished when I take the time to put an outfit together!  It doesn't have to be fancy.  I'd rather be comfy than fancy.  It's just about the effort!

Join in the fun!

Saturday
Top:  Downeast Basics (on clearance!)
Sweater:  Old Navy
Jeans:  Kohl's
Flats:  Target

Sunday
Gray top:  super old, no tag!
Tunic sweater:  Goodwill!
Leggings:  Walmart
Boots:  DSW
Scarf:  Boutique in Minnesota
You know, I'm not in love with this outfit.  
I thought I'd try the tan/gray combo and I'm not a fan.  
What do you think?

 Monday
Top:  Goodwill
Cardi:  Kohl's
Jeans:  Kohl's
Moccasins:  Garage Sale!
Necklace:  Boutique in Minnesota
Earrings:  Bajalia  
 I'm a big fan of these earrings.  Not only are they pretty and unique, they support a great cause.  From the website:
Asian Coin Earrings inspired and designed by women who have been rescued from human trafficking in Asia. While working in their jewelry businesses, they are receiving literacy training and counseling to bring dignity, hope and a future. 
How cool is that?  Go check out Bajalia.  They sell jewelry, stationary, home decor, and more.  You could do some Christmas shopping and help women around the world at the same time!

 Tuesday
Tank:  Target
Sweater:  Forever 21
Jeans:  Gap (these have about seen their day...)
Converse:  Target
Scarf:  Boutique in... Minnesota!

Like I said before, I always feel goofy doing this.  But it's really motivating me to shower (shower?! DAILY?!) and get dressed purposefully and thoughtfully each day.  Whatever it takes, right?  But I also feel silly because more important than what I wear is this:

"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes.  Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight."
1 Peter 3:3-4

So just remember that when you're stressing out over which shoes to wear or whether or not grey and tan go together!  Like I tell my girls:  it's the INSIDE that counts!

Now go!  Get showered, get dressed and take a picture.  
I want to see YOU do this next week!  It's fun!
And go over to Lindsay's blog to see who else linked up to wiww.

11 comments:

  1. ah you said it all so well! i still feel funny taking pictures, but i know its helping me. and its even helping me to take showers too! thanks for admitting it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute outfits! My favorite is your first one, but I really like the tan and brown one you asked about, too. I might wear the scarf a little differently, so it doesn't hide the ruffle or the design lines of the shirt, but I think it's a great outfit.

    I followed you here from WIWW!
    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too cute! I love all your outfits! I totally understand about feeling funny, but it does help! And as long as you don't let it take over or make you vain, I think it is good. I like to think of it as putting in effort for my husband, he deserves a cute wife! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel, I am the same way. I think who wants to see a t'shirt and jeans everyday, so I don't often get the pic taken. I think you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, and a lovely thought at the end. My favorite outfit is the third, with the Bajalia earrings. I also like your short assistant in the Sunday picture... hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your outfits are cute and they look comfy! I will admit WIWW helps me get dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the tan and grey together....that is actually one of my fave outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute Cute outfits. I think the first is my fave BUT I must tell you that the green top looks amazing on you! Green is definitely one of your colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the earrings, I'm stopping by from the lovely poppy and would love for you to checkout the huge ($100) giveaway i'm having that ends tomorrow- http://thelovelypoppy.blogspot.com/2011/10/blog-follower-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are just too cute, my friend! I love all the outfits you put together! If you ever need to pass on some hand-me-downs, I'm only a post office away! :-)
    I love Monday's outfit, the green shirt with the brown cardi is SO cute....seems like you must have a good goodwill!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! And thanks a bunch for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...