Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Mary Kay Top Five Favorites

Yesterday marked my tenth anniversary as a Mary Kay consultant.

WHAT?  Yes, you read that right!  I'm a Mary Kay lady.  And many of my closest friends don't even know.  It's not that I'm ashamed, it's just not a huge part of my life.  I've never wanted to be pushy and peddle my wares to friends, so it almost seems like I've spilled a secret when people find out.

But in the mail last week, I received a small gold pin from Mary Kay, Inc. to celebrate my ten years with the company.

Ten years ago, I was still kind of a newlywed, didn't have any kids, and went all gung-ho pink with Mary Kay.  I attended Seminar.  I didn't miss a single meeting.  I recruited other consultants.  I held regular facials and parties.  That pink cadillac was going to be MINE! Well... not really.  I would've taken the money option instead.

Ten years and four (five) kids later, it's just something I do for personal use, and for friends and family who also love the product.  In fact, I haven't hosted a party or facial since Emma was born, 7 1/2 years ago.  I only place orders about twice a year, which explains why it can take weeks or months for me to get an order to the few people who order from me.  Customer service?  Not my forte.  (Which is why I offer a standing 25% discount if you're ever interested.)

I've realized that while cultivating a booming Mary Kay business isn't for me, I do love the product.  For ten years, I've used nothing but Mary Kay and love it all.  And so without further ado, I present to you my top five Mary Kay favorites!

5.  Mary Kay Eyeliner

I love how easily it glides on without tugging at my eyelids!  Plus, it doesn't smear easily and it's waterproof.  The BEST eyeliner I've tried!  My favorite colors are Steely and Bronze.

4.  TimeWise Miracle Set

This cleanser and moisturizer set makes my skin feel so soft and smooth!  It's quick and easy to use and I love it.  The Day Solution goes on right after cleansing with the 3-in-1 cleanser, and is SPF 15!  People, that is a MUST.  You should be using sunscreen as part of your daily skin care regimen!  I admit that I don't always use the Night Solution (which completes the Miracle Set), but it feels like a luxury when I do.

3.  Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover

Hands-down the very best stuff to use to get all that gunk off your eyes.  ("Gunk" is an awesome selling point, right?)  LOVE this stuff.

2.  Mary Kay Eye Primer

On days I forget to use this, I see a HUGE difference!  Eye Primer is a primer for your eyeshadow.  Just a teensy bit goes a long way!  I just rub a small dot on my eyelid before applying eyeshadow.  It makes my eyeshadow last a lot longer, making the color more vivid and NO CREASING!  Seriously, I see women all the time with eyeshadow creases and want to tell them about the wonders of MK Eye Primer.  I should be a consultant.  Oh wait...

I'll share my #1 Mary Kay product with you tomorrow.  This Mary Kay product changed my life!  Tune in tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. I think I need to order some of that eye liner. I put mine on in the morning and then realize 3 hours later that it's smudged all over my eye. I also think you need to hold a "girl's night" to showcase some of these fabulous products! Does the facial product have a scent? I can't handle anything "perfumey" but would love to find something that has some spf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    An Thái Sơn chia sẻ trẻ sơ sinh nằm nôi điện có tốt không hay võng điện có tốt không và giải đáp cục điện đưa võng giá bao nhiêu cũng như mua máy đưa võng ở tphcm địa chỉ ở đâu uy tín.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! And thanks a bunch for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...