Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I'm doing this!

I stumbled across this super fun opportunity for my kiddos yesterday, and we're doing it!

Kids’ ATC Swap 2011

And I think you should too!

I'm just going to leave links where you can learn more about it, but the gist is that your kids (age 4 and up) create miniature works of art on a 2.5" x 3.5" piece of watercolor paper, bristol board or illustration board. They're called Artist Trading Cards (ATC). Then they mail them to other kids who sign up to participate, and in turn they will receive 5 other ATCs.

SO FUN! It seems a little like those sticker or recipe chain letters, but a bit different. My girls will love making something to send to someone, knowing they'll get some artwork in return. I can't wait to see my kids' masterpieces and see what comes in the mail for them. Plus it'll be fun to squeeze in a little geography lesson when they each get their ATCs in the mail. The organizers say there are international participants!

Registration for Kids' ATC Swap 2011 (hurry! you must register by 4/4/11)

After following link to link to link (of course now I can't find it anywhere to confirm), I think I read somewhere that there were over 500 participants last year! Or maybe it was 500 ATCs. Or maybe it was 900. I really don't remember what I read - numbers aren't my thing. Art? Yes. Numbers? No.

Suffice it to say, there were lots of kids playing along. Won't you join the fun?

Let me know if you sign up!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! Totally doing this. And linked to your blog on my own about it, hoping you were cool with that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! And thanks a bunch for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...